re: "if" and "switch" folding...

I tried. in the plist I had added this: under the language features section/dict

<key>Open Statement Blocks</key>
<string>command</string>
<key>Close Statement Blocks</key>
<string>end</string>
<key>Open Statement Blocks</key>
<string>function</string>
<key>Close Statement Blocks</key>
<string>end</string>
<key>Open Statement Blocks</key>
<string>on</string>
<key>Close Statement Blocks</key>
<string>end</string>
<key>Open Statement Blocks</key>
<string>if</string>
<key>Close Statement Blocks</key>
<string>end</string>
<key>Open Statement Blocks</key>
<string>switch</string>
<key>Close Statement Blocks</key>
<string>end</string>

and, for reasons beyond my ken... command, on, function all work, but not if or switch.

I believe there are perhaps issues with white space at the beginning of the line, but I haven't found an exact recipe. Someday if I or anyone else, gets time, could join the BBEdit community forum and ask questions there. Probably missing something simple OR there are limits to what can be done in an xml/plist vs a binary language module built in xCode (the other option)

BR

Devin Asay wrote:
Ditto what Jacque said. This is so great to have and makes editing .lc files in BBEdit much nicer!

Ben or Swami, do you know if it’s possible to add folding for repeat loops and if-then structures? It would sure be nice to collapse log, nested if-thens to get a sense of the whole handler or script flow.

Devin