I am not aware of any goal that RunRev has forgotten in any of their
posts on this topic.

New GUI.

Definitely not forgotten! Indeed, the Version 8 IDE sees the first step towards it as we are rewriting it to use much more easily composed widgets.

Ultimately a brand new GUI is going to be a hugely disruptive for all those which are familiar with the current one we have (big changes in UI always are) so we want to get it write.

Version 8 is where we ensure we have the architecture to do it right by reposing what we currently have in a better way; we can then subsequently make greater shifts.

--
Mark Waddingham ~ m...@livecode.com ~ http://www.livecode.com/
LiveCode: Everyone can create apps