On 10/05/15 20:56, Mark Waddingham wrote:
I am not aware of any goal that RunRev has forgotten in any of their
posts on this topic.

New GUI.

Definitely not forgotten! Indeed, the Version 8 IDE sees the first step towards it as we are rewriting it to use much more easily composed widgets.

Ultimately a brand new GUI is going to be a hugely disruptive for all those which are familiar with the current one we have (big changes in UI always are) so we want to get it write.

Indeed.

So, surely, the clever thing would be to give end-users a choice of GUI: the "old" one or the new one.

Richmond.

Version 8 is where we ensure we have the architecture to do it right by reposing what we currently have in a better way; we can then subsequently make greater shifts.