On 11/05/15 09:20, Geoff Canyon wrote:
On Sun, May 10, 2015 at 4:09 PM, Mark Schonewille <
m.schonewi...@economy-x-talk.com> wrote:

Software should be unicode-compatible nowadays. This is what users and
developers expect. So, I would say 100%.

I think of myself as a developer. Everything I do these days is in-house,
and has absolutely no need of unicode. The most recent thing I worked on
for others is Navigator, and no one has ever asked me for a unicode version
of that. The last app I worked on before that has been selling for the past
12 years or so, internationally, and no one has asked for a unicode version
of that. Maybe I'm unique, but for my personal use cases, unicode is
irrelevant, and given the opportunity costs and performance hits, a
negative.