On 2015-10-14 11:01, Monte Goulding wrote:
That’s what I mean and if you present it somewhere else (different
window or view) then it moves and the previous view is emptied. If you
want two instances you clone the stack.

Yes - that would be the simplest way to do things (both technically, and from an actual use point of view).

I'll need to ponder where we are with the various 'abstractions' in the engine. The main problem is that MCStack has long been a hybrid window-stack - really, a 'stack' and a 'window' are two distinct concepts and I'm not sure they aren't entirely unentangled yet (Ian has worked on separating things out on and off for years - during the process of implementing High-DPI support and things like fullScreenMode).

Mark.

--
Mark Waddingham ~ m...@livecode.com ~ http://www.livecode.com/
LiveCode: Everyone can create apps