On 4/3/2016 12:37 AM, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami wrote:
If setting the stack files and opening them in the preopenhandler
works, that's what I'll do, if the only certain way to save script
only stacks is by clicking on the contextual menu and explicitely
choosing "Save" (in  the AB and PB) that's what I'll do.

If you have the script editor in focus and frontmost (i.e., you're working in it) you can just Cmd-S and the stack will save.