Bob Sneidar wrote:

> Seems to me one unexpected outcome would be if you had the command
> "hide me" early in the script of a stack where another stack was
> visible, and then made references dependent on the defaultStack being
> the one hidden.

I think maybe one of the reasons we've seen more posts exploring the definition of defaultStack than we see complaints about its behavior is that in practice it's rarely needed.

I use topStack often but mostly in dev tools; in my own apps I tend to use custom functions to distinguish windows by semantic role rather than behavioral modality.

I can't recall the last time I needed defaultStack. It may well have been quite recently, but it must being doing what I expected it to do since I've never had to think about it before this thread.

 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Systems