At 12:23 PM -0800 12/2/2016, Richard Gaskin wrote:
I believe the original post here was about cloning, presumably done via Option+drag (on macOS, or Cntrl+drag on Win and Linux).

Hmm, I was under the impression that it was scripted using the "clone" command. I'd forgotten about option-drag...

...but that's also done with the pointer tool, not the graphic tool. So checking the tool would also exempt that case from auto-resizing small graphics.

So many possibilities that I wouldn't be opposed to completely removing arbitrary IDE-imposed limits on what people can do with their objects.

A good point, but there's also the utility of having the interface act to "heal" common mistakes and enable common patterns (like single-clicking with an object tool to create that object). I think this may simply be a philosophical difference-some people prefer an IDE that stays out of the way, and others prefer one that does certain things for them. The trick is always to figure out what things most users will take as helpful, and what they'll take as getting in the way. ;-)