On 07/07/2017 07:29 AM, prothero--- via use-livecode wrote:

Actually watching users is invaluable.

Absolutely.
And try to resist the urge to help them along.
And take notes about where they hesitate or stumble.

As a QA engineer, I find that when I'm faced with a new application I have about two weeks where I can reasonably find workflow problems. During that period I try to write down every nitpicking thing I can find and make notes about where I find myself unsure about what comes next, etc. After that time I have become so used to the way it's supposed to work that it's hard to step outside the box and think like a new user. I get into the developer mindset then, and while that's essential for finding deeper bugs it means missing some UX issues.

--
 Mark Wieder
 ahsoftw...@gmail.com