On 10/08/2017 01:10, Alex Tweedly via use-livecode wrote:
You should put quotes around the "*.livecode", because

find ~/ -iname "*.livecode" -print

will do what I think you want to do.

Whereas if you do,

find ~/ -iname *.livecode -print

the *.livecode is seen by, and interpreted by, shell - and so expands to the livecode files in your home directory. You need to put quotes around it so that it is passed as a string to the find command, which can then use it to match names.

That's not quite right - it will be the files in your *current* directory, not your home directory. In the case of the msg box, that will be your home directory - but doing it from terminal, it will be whatever directory you happen to be in at the time - so that's why it would give different results.
Alex.

(I'm not 100% sure why you didn't have the same problem in terminal as well as in msg box - but I'd change this and expect it will help).

-- Alex.