hh wrote:

>> Richard G. wrote:
>> I'm suggesting the engine have an enhancement to add
>> the widget-specific info to the  universally-supported
>> "the properties" info.
>
> It would be possible to simply add all the info that the property
> inspector can display. But that can also easily be scripted by the
> user of the widget.
> Or use the demo-stacks of the widget's author (I usually provide
> these) which contain (parts of) setter and getter scripts.

Exactly.  There are many workarounds available.

What's missing is support for the universal method by which we can obtain property info, "the properties" function.

Given that the engine is apparently already able to obtain that info, adding it to the universal mechanism for this should seem short work, no?

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Systems