Jacque, thanks. It seems like overkill to load up and initialise tsnet just to
get a 20-byte text file. I’m really surprised there isn’t a foolproof way to
find out if one’s device is connected to the internet or not. I am not good on
internet functions, but don’t a huge number of apps in the real world want to
know if they’re connected or not?

Maybe I will write a tiny standalone that just talks to my server, and
experiment with switching off the internet connection to see what errors I get.

Puzzled

Graham