Possibly.

Although if 'multiple desktops' (whether capitalised or not) IS treated as a feature, then 'multiple desktops' IS singular.

If, however, one is counting multiple desktops (I have 4 on my main Linux box) then 'multiple desktops' ARE plural.

Of course, this could be a case of splitting hair, or, alternatively, splitting hairs: depending on whether one treats
'hair' as a count noun or as a mass (and, hence, non-count) noun.

And I could rabbit (or, possibly, 'hare')  on like this for ages.

But, as one grows older and one's hair recedes (or one's hairs fall out), this proves increasingly tiring and tiresome.

And a Happy Fag-End of May 1, the unemployed persons' holiday, to you.

Richmond.