I realized belatedly that I didn't do a very good job (at all) of describing
what one of the row's in my grid looks like... it may be relevant to a solution.

Each row has 1 checkbox, 3 fields and 2 buttons.
One of the buttons (the one I need assistance with), named "Query" calls a
"tsnet" function to query a remote WiFi module (esp8266) to return the status
of one of the IO pins on the wifi module.  Works like a charm on ALL rows,
scrolled or not... becuse (I reckon) the button is actually *IN* the grid, so
there's no issue with the group name.. it is always "me".

I also want to "automate" the queries (there are 8 such wifi modules involved).
 So I have a button outside of the datagrid which selects each row of the
populated datagrid and sends the "mouseUp 1" message to the datagrid (described
in my previous message under this subject)

It is THAT loop which manufactures the Row Template group names.  It is THAT
loop which has to know (at this time) which line/row it needs to "wrap" the
group name back to "...0001"

Douglas Ruisaard
Trilogy Software
(250) 573-3935