J. Landman Gay wrote:
Well, I guess the votes are in. Thanks for your comments. I'll stick
with my handwritten scripts. Problem is, I have about a thousand objects
to script, scattered over a whole suite of stacks, and I *so* do not
want to do this.

Look at the bright side: with that many objects you'd get RSI from using a point-and-click solution anyway. ;)

Besides, with that many objects I suspect you'll find a lot of similarities as you go resulting in centralized handlers used by multiple layouts, so with any luck you'll have little code to write relative to the number of objects you need to handle.

Good luck -

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World