We appreciate constructive criticism.

I'm not a trained developer, and just do the best I can... some computer savvy users take your apps and run with them... gives you the false sense that you did a great job with the UI... but I'm learning that's not true as some of my "naive" users come back to me with questions I never dreamed of...

In anticipation of doing more for the public in the not-too-distant future see below

On Jun 25, 2005, at 5:57 AM, Mark Wieder wrote:

S>    answer "Are you finished with the last one? If so, shall I clear
S> the header info?" with "No" or "Yes"

I understand the intent, but I have to say that I find two yes-or-no
questions in a single answer dialog with a single response a bit
confusing to the user.

OK I think I understand... better if the buttons describe the actions and don't just throw a boolean at the user... how about this:

answer "Are you finished with the last one? If so, shall I clear
the header info?"

with

"Cancel" or "Clear Header"

Better?

skts

S>    put theTape into tTruncatedFileName
S> put char 1 to 13 of (item -1 of theTape) & ".mp3" into item -1
S> of tTruncatedFileName
S>      rename file theTape to tTruncatedFileName

... and here I would check to make sure that file tTruncatedFileName
doesn't already exist before trying to rename it...

Anyway, glad you found a workaround for now.

--
-Mark Wieder