David Coker wrote:

Revolution already *is* that later version with the advanced features. ;)

I think most of the users consider Revolution to be Enterprise quality and
is up to virtually any task that you can throw in it's direction. I know I
do.

Quick research:

DreamCard:
United States Dollars = 99.00 USD
United Kingdom Pounds = 57.71 GBP

Revolution:
United States Dollars = 299.00 USD
United Kingdom Pounds = 174.29 GBP
That's not quite the actual pricing RunRev use. (I think you calculated the "UK - GBP" prices by currency conversion - obvious but not correct :-). The pricing is in fact:

Dreamcard
in the US: USD 99
rest of the world : GBP 69 or local equivalent

Rev Studio
in the US : USD 299
rest of the world : GBP 199 or local equivalent

Not a huge difference today (though it was a bigger difference a year ago when the exchange rate was over 1.9) - but worth explaining for the sake of those who've just bought at the higher, actual price.

For what it's worth (i.e. nothing) I think Rev's pricing is quite low - the only thing I think is too expensive is the per-platform add-on for Studio. I'd like to see it cost the same as a Dreamcard license. I can't see the support etc. costs for a second platform being high enough to require a cost of 2/3 of the initial cost. And a more aggressive price for additional platforms would make it unnecessary to consider using Studio on your main platform and Dreamcard on any secondary platform.