On May 22, 2006, at 12:30 PM, Chris Sheffield wrote:

The dates I'm dealing with are entered by the user.

The bad news is that 'convert' has side effects. It looks at system data and will modify the seconds clock and the time on some platforms and in some conditions.

Paranoids build their own for delivered scripts.

I think it is reasonable to ask RunRev for a pure function and to depreciate use of convert. The pure function should have exactly the same results on all platforms.

Dar Scott