Thank you Peter, my future free time has just expired! (smile)

Joe Wilkins

On Mar 3, 2007, at 3:50 PM, Peter Alcibiades wrote:

Joe, go to www.distrowatch.com for more enlightenment.

I'm less enthusiastic about Ubuntu than Richard, preferring the Debian that it
is based on.  Some distributions:

When you know what you want:  Debian.
For beginners - PCLinux
For minimalists or those wanting to learn Linux in detail:  Slackware
For slower machines:  Zenwalk or Vector (slackware based)
For very slow machines:  Fluxbuntu, Puppy or DSL
If you want it to look like a mac: Dreamlinux (Brazillian) or Bagheera for
KDE on any distro
If you like doing things the hard way: Gentoo. If you want to get the results
of the hard way but with a short cut:  Sabayon.
For something completely different:  elive

Any of them will run Rev just fine. Or as fine as Rev runs on Linux, which is
a different story....

Best books:
How Linux Works, by Ward
Anything Carla Schroder writes, esp the Cookbook
Pocket linux guide from O'Reilly
Linux Phrasebook
Sobell, Practical Guide (detailed)

Peter