I'll throw in my 2 cents worth here. After seeing the ad in a Rev newsletter or some place like that, I got the Beginning Programming for Dummies, and I was very, very, very disappointed. Among other things it seems like whoever wrote the Rev parts (and they were sparser or fewer than I expected) had a week of casual experience / looking at the Rev documentation at best. The thing that especially comes to mind is that in the Rev examples, over and over && was used where it was obvious that the effects of & were intended, but that wasn't the only thing.