I would check whether some SSTables are marked as repaired while others are not
(by running sstablemetadata and checking the value of repairedAt).

An inconsistency in the repaired state, it might explain overstreaming. During
repairs, data from repaired SSTables on one node is only compared with data
from repaired SSTables on other nodes and data from unrepaired SSTables on one
node is only compared with data from unrepaired SSTables on other nodes.

So if the same data is marked as repaired on some but not all nodes, it might
lead to this data being streamed, even though it is actually already present –
just in the other set of SSTables.