I think I can make do with these results. Photoshop is not detecting the background as transparent, but After Effects does (using Targa). Tiff does output with transparent bg, but all of the objects are nearly invisible. I may just render over a green screen and key out the bg.

Thanks again,
Brandon

On 4/18/2012 1:38 PM, Matthias Kappenberg wrote:
Do not forget to copy the transparency to the alpha channel...

    ----- Original Message -----
    *From:* rslist <mailto:rsl...@silvergravity.com>
    *To:* user-list@light.realsoft3d.com
    <mailto:user-list@light.realsoft3d.com>
    *Sent:* Wednesday, April 18, 2012 9:25 PM
    *Subject:* Re: PNG with transparency

    Thanks Neil, but my material is working fine.  I can't render with
    alpha channel support so that my background is transparent
    (graphic to be used on top of other graphics for a trade show banner).

    I think I'll just go with a soft white translucent material (wax
    works well) in keyshot, and not worry about a realistic material
    with transparency....

    brandon