If you mean the default guest kernel config then no...
It is the default kernel config with extra stuff added to allow it to
run Fedora properly.
So additional things like cgroups, iptables, selinux, traffic
management, plus it is configured as a static build.
Plus modules are disabled (all modular components are built in
instead) to save me copying modules into the guest when I change
kernels.
.
Why would that impact the ptrace tests? And btw which kernel did you use?
Note all the kernels i have run under fedora 13 without the error.

But if you mean the default Fedora install, then yes it is the Web
Server group install and thats all.

However with you pointing out that I can run it as a 64 bit
application I dont need static linking, so I could undo that one and
give it another go.

Did the livecd have 2.6.40-4 as the host kernel? It is just a feeling
but I thought it was working ok on my development server before I
rolled it out over the other servers, and originally fedora 15 as
installed was 2.6.39-something. I could revert the kernel update and
see...

Thanks for your time.
Gordon.