Hi,

To me this already looks a lot better than the default website, especially
because now it also supports mobile devices.
The exact look and feel for sites like this is always a discussion thing
as a step 1: I don't have any input on this right now.

What I am thinking about are things like:
Where do we want to host this one?
- On the existing Apache infrastructure?
- Using Github pages? This would make it possible to automatically
regenerate the site on a push to the master/main branch.
- Somewhere else like the netlify this demo is hosted on?

Also:
Do we want this to be a separate repository?
Or do we want this to be part of the main code repository?

Niels

On Thu, Oct 28, 2021 at 10:44 AM Martin Grigorov <mgrigo...@apache.org>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Please check the new candidate for Apache Avro website:
> https://avro-website.netlify.app/
>
> It is based on Hugo and uses Docsy theme.
> Its source code and instructions how to build could be found at
> https://github.com/martin-g/avro-website.
> The JIRA ticket is: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO-2175
>
> I am not web designer, so some things may look not finished.
> I've just copied the HTML content from the old site (
> https://avro.apache.org/) and converted it to Markdown for Hugo.
>
> Any feedback is welcome! With Pull Requests would be awesome!
>
> Regards,
> Martin

Niels Basjes