Kudos on the new site, looks really nice.

If I may offer some advice:

- lots of unused space above the fold on desktop, I think msgpack has a
great above-the-fold demo here, showing what msgpack is with a solid example

Regarding what Avro "is" to me, the only binary serialization format with a
good story with forward/backward compatibility, usable as serialization,
cold-storage (record object format) and IPC. The schema canonical form,
schema registry, and the strong guarantees the tool offers for building
future proofing into your APIs is really amazing. I know that's not
1000%out-of-the-box without getting a 3rd party schema registry, but it's
really what makes Avro Avro in my eyes.

Highlighting some of these amazing use-cases prominently on the website
would be quite amazing, I think, as often times the Eureka! moment about
these key distinguishing features only arises on deep inspection of the doc
and specs, nothing that most people have time for browsing the web.

Ahoy, good weekend, and good work!

Lee Hambley
http://lee.hambley.name/
+49 (0) 170 298 5667