Hi Niels,

On Thu, Oct 28, 2021 at 2:29 PM Niels Basjes <ni...@basjes.nl> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> To me this already looks a lot better than the default website, especially
> because now it also supports mobile devices.
> The exact look and feel for sites like this is always a discussion thing
> as a step 1: I don't have any input on this right now.
>
> What I am thinking about are things like:
> Where do we want to host this one?
> - On the existing Apache infrastructure?

Using exisitng Apache infrastructure should work! Other projects also use
Hugo, e.g. Apache Airflow.

> - Using Github pages? This would make it possible to automatically
> regenerate the site on a push to the master/main branch.
> - Somewhere else like the netlify this demo is hosted on?

I had a small issue with Netlify - it does not use `--recursive-modules`
for cloning and thus does not have the Docsy theme.
I didn't spend time in debugging it.
But if Avro team prefers Netlify then we could add the theme resources
directly, i.e. not use Git modules.

> Also:
> Do we want this to be a separate repository?
> Or do we want this to be part of the main code repository?

I don't see problems with any of these.
Maybe it will be one idea easier if it is in the same repo. This way
"build.sh dist" could copy the C/C++/C# docs in the same Git repo.

Regards,
Martin