thanks andy - i agree with most of your opinions around continuing to build
standard packages.. but can you clarify what was offensive ?  must be a
misinterpretation somewhere.

1) To be clear, i am 100% behind supporting standard hadoop build rpms that
we have now.   Thats the core product and will be for  the forseeable
future, absolutely !

2) The idea (and its just an idea i want to throw out - to keep us on our
toes), is that some folks may be interested in hacking around, in a
separate branch - on some bleeding edge bigdata deployments - which
attempts to incorporate resource managers and  containers as first-class
citizens.

Again this is all just ideas - not in any way meant to derail the packaging
efforts - but rather - just to gauge folks interest level in the bleeding
edge, docker, mesos, simplified  processing stacks, and so on.

--
jay vyas