> thanks andy - i agree with most of your opinions around continuing to
build
standard packages.. but can you clarify what was offensive ?  must be a
misinterpretation somewhere.

Sure.

A bit offensive.

"gridgain or spark can do what 90% of the hadoop ecosystem already does,
supporting streams, batch,sql all in one" -> This statement deprecates the
utility of the labors of rest of the Hadoop ecosystem in favor of Gridgain
and Spark. As a gross generalization it's unlikely to be a helpful
statement in any case.

It's fine if we all have our favorites, of course. I think we're set up
well to empirically determine winners and losers, we don't need to make
partisan statements. Those components that get some user interest in the
form of contributions that keep them building and happy in Bigtop will stay
in. Those that do not get the necessary attention will have to be culled
out over time when and if they fail to compile or pass integration tests.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)