I have been using it for perf cluster for a while but now want to migrate
prod too. Yes, I realized that in stable release Debian-9 support is not
there yet but it took minimal changes to make it work(also trying trunk)
for Hadoop, have to check for other components.

One of the cluster uses Hadoop 2.6 with Hbase 0.98 and another uses Hadoop
2.6, Yarn 2.6, Tez 0.5, Hive 0.14, Pig 0.14.

So my doubts are :

- While I still have to check what patches HDP packages have vs vanilla
packages for these versions, I probably also want to upgrade these
components after this. Intuitively doing 1 thing at a time(move to deb9
first and then upgrade) makes more sense as it rules out possibility of
being in scenario where we don't know if deb9 is causing the issue or newer
version.

- Any issues faced after moving to ambari on manageability of cluster as
ambari gives config management, rolling restart etc too ?

Any suggestions are welcome :)