I have gone through the appropriate channel  here  at FB  to make sure that
the correct information is presented.

the article has now been updated to

" (*Update*: just for reference, we’re told via email that Facebook, “no
longer contributes to nor uses Cassandra.” *Update 2*: we are now being told
– and Facebook has confirmed – that Cassandra is actually still employed by
the company for, among other things, Inbox Search.) "

Thanks
Prashant