Your experience is when using CL ONE the Dynamic Snitch is moving local reads
off to other nodes and this is causing spikes in read latency ?

Did you notice what was happening on the node for the DS to think it was so
slow ? Was compaction or repair going on ?

Have you played with the badness threshold
https://github.com/apache/cassandra/blob/trunk/conf/cassandra.yaml#L472 ?

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer