Hi,

We have defined a CF with a composite row key that sounds like (folder id, doc
id).

For our app, one very common pattern is accessing, through one ui action, some
bunch of data with the following row keys: (id, id_1), (id, id_2), (id, id_3)...
So, multiple rows are accessed, but all row keys have the same 1st part "folder
id".

* with the BOP: for one ui action, one simple node is requested (in average),
but it's much harder to balances the cluster nodes
* with the RP: for one ui action, many nodes may be requested, but it's simpler
to balance the cluster

one sweeter(?) partitioner would be a partitioner that would distribute a row
according only to the first part of its key (= according to "folder id" only).

Is it doable to implement such a partitioner ?
Thanks.

Regards,
Dominique