On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 5:11 PM, Aaron Turner <synfina...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Honestly, I think using the same terms as a RDBMS does
> makes users think they're exactly the same thing and have the same
> properties... which is close enough in some cases, but dangerous in
> others.

The point is that thinking in terms of the storage engine is difficult
and unnecessary.  You can represent that data relationally, which is
the Right Thing to do both because people are familiar with that world
and because it decouples model from representation, which lets us
change the latter if necessary.

http://www.datastax.com/dev/blog/schema-in-cassandra-1-1

--
Jonathan Ellis