Hi,

I was hoping someone could clarify a point about multi-DC replication.

Let's say I have 2 data centers configured with replication factor = 3 in
each DC.

My client app is sitting in DC 1 and is able to intelligently pick a
coordinator that will also be a replica partner.

So the client app sends a write with consistency for DC1 = Q and
consistency for DC2 = Q to a coordinator node in DC1.

That coordinator in DC1 forwards the write to 2 other nodes in DC1 and a
coordinator in DC2.

Is it correct that all 3 nodes in DC2 will respond back to the original
coordinator in DC1? Or will the DC2 nodes respond back to the DC2
coordinator?

Let's say one of the replica nodes in DC2 is down. Who will hold the hint
for that node? The original coordinator in DC1 or the coordinator in DC2?