Thanks for the feedback.

The picture shows a sample request, which is why the coordinator points to
two specific nodes.  What I was trying to convey that the coordinator node
would ensure that 2 of the 3 nodes were written to before reporting success
to the client.

I found the article here, it says that the non-blocking writes to the 2nd
data center are asynchronous.  Is this blog post incorrect as well?
http://www.datastax.com/dev/blog/deploying-cassandra-across-multiple-data-centers

I'd like to get clarification on how this works and hope to clear up some
of the misinformation about multi-DC replication that is out there.  I like
a lot of the features of cassandra and enjoy working with it, but the
amount of conflicting information out on the web is a little disconcerting
sometimes.

thanks,
Rob