Hi,

maybe someone knows a nice solution to the following problem:

I have N worker processes that are intentionally masterless and do not know
about each other - they are stateless and independent instances of a given
service system.

These workers need to poll an event feed, say about every 10 seconds and
persist a state after processing the polled events so the next worker knows
where to continue processing events.

I would like to use C*’s CAS feature to coordinate the workers and protect the
shared state (a row or cell in  a C* key space, too).

Has anybody done something similar and can suggest a ‘clever’ data model design
and interaction?

Jan