Cassandra supports both client to node and inter-node security. IOW,
Cassandra can also be a client to another Cassandra node.

To repeat (and you seem to keep ignoring this) - the presumption is that
the user, outside of Cassandra, is responsible for securing the system,
including the file system, so in theory there is no way for anyone besides
a system administrator to directly access any of the actual files within
Cassandra, so there is no way for anybody to access even a clear text file.

-- Jack Krupansky