I got caught in  the middle of this stuff.  I feel for everyone.  I said my two
cents.  I had to vent.   I’m back to concentrating on helping the group.

Kenneth Brotman

From: Eric Evans [mailto:john.eric.ev...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, February 26, 2018 9:16 AM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: Gathering / Curating / Organizing Cassandra Best Practices &
Patterns

On Sun, Feb 25, 2018 at 8:45 AM, Kenneth Brotman <kenbrot...@yahoo.com.invalid>
wrote:

Chris Mattmann acted without authority and completely improperly as an Apache
Software Foundation board member as a board member on their own has no
authority.  Their authority is to participate and vote at board meetings.  They
are not allowed to transact business, they are not supposed to force themselves
on anyone or order anyone around.  The one that was acting controlling was this
idiot board member that has caused this situation between DataStax and the rest
of our community.

Furthermore, when he instructed Cassandra legend Jonathan Ellis, the Cassandra
PMC Chair to include certain information in a report to the Apache Software
Foundation board that escalated the matter to something that was before the
board.

I am not an attorney and this should not be taken as legal advice!

It is clear to me as one someone who is experienced and trained as a board
member that Chris Mattmann and the ASF itself probably will find themselves in
court over this.  I think a lot of folks should raise this matter with their
legal counsel.

What happened is not trivial.  It is news worthy.  I suggest people talk to the
media about this story  Ask them to investigate and report the story.

Is APC interfering with other communities?

Kenneth, I really think you need to pump the brakes here.  You're leveling some
pretty serious accusations, and have now resorted to personal attacks; This is
not constructive.