Hi Susan,

you might check the FAQ (http://commons.apache.org/exec/faq.html)

"Are child processes automatically killed? - This functionality is largely depend on the operating system - on Unix it works mostly and under Windows not at all (see Bug 4770092). In terms of stability and cross-platform support try to start your applications directly and avoid various wrapper scripts."

So starting the process directly will solve your problem ...

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl