In my last post you told me (and the docs have always been clear in this
regard) to use port 5984 on my single node, 2.0.0 build.

If I use Fauxton to complete the single-node setup it asks for "Port that
the Node uses" and defaults to 5984. So far this is all fine.

I'm using ssl nearly exclusively. It's a requirement for me. The only place
I haven't used it is in using the _setup_cluster endpoint and to test
single node setup using Fauxton.

If I next PUT a db over SSL/6984 it will only be accessible via ports
6984/5986, so the SSL daemon appears to be serving the node, not the

Is this intentional? Or did I do something wrong?