A common mistake is to use couch_httpd instead of chttpd when configuring the
httpsd daemon.

This;
{couch_httpd, start_link, [https]}

will configure a new SSL-enabled listener equivalent to :5986, the node-local
port. This port should not bound to anything but 127.0.0.1, so SSL-enabling it
makes little sense.

This;
{chttpd, start_link, [https]}

will configure a new SSL-enabled listener equivalent to :5984. This is what you
want.

B.