Hi,

What I do is having a replication to a backup CouchDB instance.
I also have some scripts, which simply stop the backup CouchDB instance,
then copy the files to another volume and then restart CouchDB.
Worked as a charm for an year now and tested for restore, even thought
not on a different OS.

*With best regards,*
Kiril Stankov,
CEO