From: Miller, Timothy [mailto:timothy.mil...@childrens.harvard.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2018 6:38 PM
To: user@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: Re: cTakes Assertion - Subject Extraction [EXTERNAL]

Hi Mahesh,
While there is a subject annotator and trained model, we found there were very
few non-patient instances in our training data, and so the model has a
difficult time finding any non-patient subjects.
Unfortunately, modifying the machine learning model is not feasible, so my
recommendation is, if this is important to your application, to write a
rule-based annotator and add to the end of your pipeline that sets the subject
attribute.
Tim