Hi Divya,
Thanks for sharing the log. I looked into it and it looks like your active
directory setup might have some issues. So for ODBC Driver or native Drill
client the handshake timeout is 5 seconds. ODBC Driver is sending the user
information correctly to Drillbit and Drillbit is receiving it as well and
authenticating with AD setup using PAM module. But it looks like that
authentication itself is taking 9 seconds and by then client is just timing
out. You can try increasing your timeout to 30 seconds for now which is default
for JDBC client (information share below).

Found 2 instances of ODBC client connection in drillbit.log file both shows
same behavior:

Case1:

2018-05-10 02:01:04,913 [UserServer-1] TRACE o.a.drill.exec.rpc.user.UserServer
- User domain\user on connection /1.2.3.4:5678 is likely using an older client.
2018-05-10 02:01:12,756 [UserServer-1] TRACE o.a.drill.exec.rpc.user.UserServer
- Authenticated domain\user successfully using PLAIN from /1.2.3.4:5678

Case 2:

2018-05-10 02:01:27,827 [UserServer-1] TRACE o.a.drill.exec.rpc.user.UserServer
- User domain\user on connection /1.2.3.4:9876 is likely using an older client.
2018-05-10 02:01:36,868 [UserServer-1] TRACE o.a.drill.exec.rpc.user.UserServer
- Authenticated domain\user successfully using PLAIN from /1.2.3.4:9876

To update handshake timeout for ODBC Driver you can follow below steps
mentioned by Robert Wu:

----------------- If you need to modify the handshake timeout value
------------------

You can set the HandshakeTimeout value in the AdvancedProperties field in the
ODBC driver. The default value is 5 seconds.

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__drill.apache.org_docs_odbc-2Dconfiguration-2Dreference_&d=DwIGaQ&c=cskdkSMqhcnjZxdQVpwTXg&r=gRpEl0WzXE3EMrwj0KFbZXGXRyadOthF2jlYxvhTlQg&m=jLGlh_B4vWlLfnyeHlQa6GZGAO66Udd5Sn4AmSyYoyw&s=Em6_F73xfpZ1emouB3Q7_znT3H53sVYHR9cp685AuWY&e=

Are you connecting to drillbit using Tableau's " Other Databases (ODBC)"
connector or the "Apache Drill" connector?

If you are using the "Other Databases (ODBC)" connector in Tableau:

        And connecting via DSN:

          Please open the ODBC Administrator (make sure it’s the correct
bitness) and click on the "System DSN" tab.

                Then, click on "MapR Drill" and then click the "Configure..."
button on the right.

                Then, please modify the default HandshakeTimeout value from 5
seconds to your preference.

                Then, click the ok button to save the setting.

        And connecting via Driver:

                A configuration popup window should appear when you try to
connect. Add HandshakeTimeout=<value> in the AdvancedProperties field.

If you are using the Apache Drill connector in Tableau:

        Then you would need to create a custom settings file for Tableau to
pick up this information.

Thanks,
Sorabh