This works well for me. This will aggregate the data across all sub-task
instances:

SELECT derivative(sum("count"), 1s) FROM "numRecordsIn" WHERE "task_name" =
'Sink: Unnamed' AND $timeFilter GROUP BY time(1s)

You can also plot each sub-task instance separately on the same graph by
doing:

SELECT derivative(sum("count"), 1s) FROM "numRecordsIn" WHERE "task_name" =
'Sink: Unnamed' AND $timeFilter GROUP BY time(1s), "subtask_index"

Or select just a single subtask instance by using:

SELECT derivative(sum("count"), 1s) FROM "numRecordsIn" WHERE "task_name" =
'Sink: Unnamed' AND "subtask_index" = '7' AND $timeFilter GROUP BY time(1s)

I haven’t used the templating features much but this also seems to work
fine and allows you to select an individual subtask_index or ‘all’ and it
works as it should — summing across all subtasks when you select ‘all’.

SELECT derivative(sum("count"), 1s) FROM "numRecordsIn" WHERE "task_name" =
'Sink: Unnamed' AND "subtask_index" =~ /^$subtask$/ AND $timeFilter GROUP
BY time(1s)
​

On Fri, Oct 28, 2016 at 2:53 PM, Anchit Jatana <development.anc...@gmail.com

--

Jamie Grier
data Artisans, Director of Applications Engineering