Hi Aljoscha,

Thanks for the link. I read through it but I still can't imagine
implementing something similar for my usecase.

I explained my usecase to Fabian in a previous post, I would try to be again
as clear as possible.
So, my use case, in short, is something like below:

1) From input stream of events, create 2 different local state store (one
with key as event_id and the other with key as derived_key), where both have
1-N relationship. For eg.  1 -> [A,B,C] and A -> [1,2,3]
2) After we have both the state, traverse through the events a second time,
generate the derived_keys and based on these keys query state B to get a
list of event_ids which in turn is used to query the state A to fetch the
events for these ids
3) Do this only till a depth of 1, i.e. stop after doing the above process
just once and don't traverse back
4) Combine and merge all the events which were fetched because they are
related

So, I can't imagine how I can use the scatter->state->gather pattern to
achieve the desired result.Maybe I am wrong and I have missed something, so
any insights would be useful!