> I have done this (actually I do it in my flink-conf.yaml), but I am not
seeing any metrics at all in the Flink UI,
> let alone the latency tracking. The latency tracking itself does not seem
to be exported to datadog (should it be?)

The latency metrics are job metrics, and are not shown in the Flink UI.
They are available via the REST API, and I believe they should also be
exported to datadog. You will find them at

    http://localhost:8081/jobs/<job id>/metrics

with IDs like

latency.source_id.bc764cd8ddf7a0cff126f51c16239658.operator_id.ea632d67b7d595e5b851708ae9ad79d6.operator_subtask_index.0.latency_p90