@Arvid Heise I also do not remember exactly what were all the
problems. The fact that we added some more bulk formats to the
streaming file sink definitely reduced the non-supported features. In
addition, the latest discussion I found on the topic was [1] and the
conclusion of that discussion seems to be to remove it.

Currently, I cannot find any obvious reason why keeping the
BucketingSink, apart from the fact that we do not have a migration
plan unfortunately. This is why I posted this to dev@ and user@.

Cheers,
Kostas

[1]