I don't think we can maintain two additional channels. Some people have
already concerns about covering one additional channel.

I think, a forum provides a better user experience than a mailing list.
Information is structured better, you can edit messages, sign up and search
is easier.

To make some progress, maybe we decide on chat vs forum vs none and then go
into a deeper discussion on the implementation or is there anything about
Slack that would be complete blocker for the implementation?