Hello Phil,

If executing functions at servers, they need to create instances for
function classes. At least, those severs have to be able to load classes
for functions to execute actual function logics.

If it's O.K. to manage function jars from client side, why don't you use
"gfsh deply" command to register function jars from client side without any
configuration for functions at server side - as a result, those function
jars are added to server side classpath, automatically and dynamically.

Thanks, regards.

Akihiro Kitada  |  Staff Customer Engineer |  +81 80 3716 3736
Support.Pivotal.io <http://support.pivotal.io/>  |  Mon-Fri  9:00am to
5:30pm JST  |  1-877-477-2269
[image: support] <https://support.pivotal.io/> [image: twitter]
<https://twitter.com/pivotal> [image: linkedin]